Listed below are the kits that will be offered at West Sound Tech for purchase, as well as, a list of school supply items each student will need to supply.
REQUIRED TEXTBOOKS AND MATERIALS
Supplies and equipment listed below are required for participation in the program.
- Textbooks and workbooks will be online. ONLINE ACCESS IS A NECESSITY for this class. Online interaction includes text/wkbk (MindTap), communication with instructors (REMIND), and tracking of hours & class appointments (Vagaro).
- Physical textbooks will be available for students to check out while at West Sound Tech, but not all work can be completed without online access.
- Student supply kits (listed below) are to be complete at all times. Any damaged or lost items from the student kit must be replaced with appropriate items with instructor approval. Students may be required to purchase new mannequins throughout the course.
- Students are responsible for their own personal property and are required to secure their property in designated locked areas.
Students are required to purchase some equipment at West Sound Tech that will then be the property of the student. Below is a list of the items that will be available on the first day of class for purchase. Please make checks for equipment payable to West Sound Tech.
1st Year: (Please specify when paying for your kit, if you are left or right handed)
Kit Cost - $200.00 - Right Handed
Kit Cost - $203.50 – Left Handed
- 2 Mannequins Clipper/Trimmer Set
- Mannequin stand 1 Curling Iron
- Student Shears 1 Blow Dryer
- 7” Styling combs (bag of 6) 1 Stylist Apron
- 8” Rattail combs (bag of 6) Butterfly clips (bag of 12)
Kit Cost - $82.50
- Clipper/Trimmer Set
- 1 Mannequin
Please remember you can begin purchasing your kits on the first day of school, but orders are made as a group. When ordering come prepared with a check, cash or card.
Orders must be placed by Sept. 20, 2019 (communicate with instructors if difficulty arises)
Supplied by student:
- Pens & Pencils
- One College Ruled Composition notebook (non wire binding) cover of your choice
- Three Ring notebook and paper
- Index cards – 4 x 6 (1 pack)
- Box of latex or rubber gloves (fit to student hand)
- 2 clear shoe box size plastic containers with lids
- Tri-fold display board 36” x 48” (needed in March and will be available for purchase at WST)
**It is your responsibility to keep supplies and kit stocked and on school premises.
VII. CLASS FEES
Kit Cost = $200.00 right handed, $203.50 left handed, or $82.50 2nd Year kit